Erosion Control and Drainage
Erosion Control and Drainage Solutions in Hua Hin and all around Thailand
Even in low-rain environments, when rainwater is not properly directed and controlled, it can result in serious erosion and drainage problems. If you are experiencing erosion problems or drainage issues around your home or landscaping, Dream Homes Asia offers a number of solutions that may be helpful to you.
At Dream Homes Asia, we have experience addressing drainage and erosion problems for municipal, commercial, and residential customers in Hua Hin and all around Thailand. We can offer a variety of solutions to deal with and resolve your water problems before they have the chance to cause serious damage to your home, your building’s foundation, or your landscape. To learn more about how our erosion control and drainage system services can help you, please contact us today.
Erosion control design and installation services
Most erosion control problems will start as a small issue, but can quickly become major concerns if not properly addressed. Therefore, it is important to talk with professionals in order to develop an erosion control solution for any erosion problems you may be noticing around your home or throughout your landscaping. By utilizing one of several erosion control solutions, the experts at Dream Homes Asia can help you to mitigate or eliminate any erosion problems.
Depending on the degree and severity of your erosion problems, we can utilize a variety of erosion control options in order to address and resolve your problems. If you would like to learn more about any of these options, please contact the experts at Dream Homes Asia for your consultation.
- Turf Establishment: Often the simplest and most effective way to control minor erosion problems is to establish and maintain a thick and healthy turf. This process can include grading an area to reduce the degree of a slope, seeding to develop new grass growth, and fertilizing to promote the growth of existing turf.
- Retaining Wall Construction: Retaining walls can be used as an effective erosion control solution as they will hold back soil that is eroding away. When creating a retaining wall for erosion control purposes, it is important to properly design and install the wall so that it does not cause further drainage problems and so that it is able to effectively control the soil and water.
- Drainage System: For areas where poor drainage is causing erosion problems, the first erosion control step should be to create a drainage system that properly collects water and directs it to the appropriate location. This may include the use of down spout drainage systems, French drains, or catch basins. By controlling and eliminating excessive water runoff and controlling hillside water flow, you can often successfully eliminate and control many erosion problems.
- Special Erosion Control Products: For serious erosion control problems that cannot be addressed with simpler solutions, there are a variety of special erosion control products that can be used to prevent soil erosion and control rainwater runoff. The types of erosion control products that we can utilize to address your erosion control problems include silt fences, waddles, jutte netting, straw mats, gabions, rip rap rocks, and ADS pipe products.
Drainage system design and installation services
Drainage systems are an important part of keeping your home and property safe from the damaging effects of water. The main goal of any drainage system is to collect water and direct it to the proper drainage location. Without a sufficient drainage system, drainage problems can cause damage to your home’s foundation, your lawn, and your landscaping. An effective drainage system will eliminate or reduce drainage problems and help prevent future water problems.
As a leading commercial and residential landscaping company in Hua Hin (Thailand), we at Dream Homes Asia have experience working with customers throughout the Monterey Bay area to develop drainage solutions and to design and install effective drainage systems around their home and landscaping.
Our drainage system installation services
We may use a variety of techniques when designing and installing drainage systems around your home and throughout your landscaping. For example, we can offer down spout drainage solutions as well as develop French drains, catch basins and water catchment tanks that can be used during dry periods for landscape irrigation. These drainage systems will direct water away from your home in order to protect the foundation and prevent major problems.
Drainage systems can also address a number of yard problems in order to make your outdoor living space a more enjoyable place. This includes resolving areas where flooding or erosion has become a significant problem.
With our drainage system installation services, we will integrate both surface drainage systems and below ground drainage systems in order to properly catch and direct rainwater to the correct location. With a complete drainage system designed by our experts, you can eliminate any water problems and address any drainage issues around your property.
- Surface Water Drainage Systems: Surface drainage systems pull excess water from hardscaped areas, plant beds, and any other areas where water tends to collect or pool. These drainage systems then provide a set path above ground where the water should flow. Surface water drainage systems can be used to direct water to a proper drainage creek, storm drain, or underground drainage system.
- Below Ground Drainage Systems: Underground drains help to prevent erosion and prevent water from saturating plants or lawns by pulling water from the saturated ground and directing it to the proper drainage location. One of the most popular below ground drainage systems is a French drain system.
When you need a drainage system: Signs of a drainage problem
There are some specific signs that signify a drainage problem. These may occur after medium to heavy rainstorms or on an ongoing basis. For example, you may be in need of a drainage system for your backyard or around your home if you are experiencing:
- A soggy or wet yard
- Puddles that do not evaporate or take a long time to dry following a rainstorm
- Water leaking through your basement walls into your basement
- Foundation damage and cracked basement or foundation walls
- Soil erosion and erosion control problems
- Flooding in your back or front yard during rainstorms
- Water pooling and collecting on your patios, sidewalks, or walkways
- Unwanted water streams during heavy rains
- Mulch that washes away from your plant beds or silt or soil that washes onto sidewalks during rainstorms
© 2016 Dream Homes Asia Co., Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.